We give you the tools and the technology you need to focus on growing your business and help you reach your goals. Chicago SQL Consulting work closely with our partners to appropriately plan and execute our services. Whether you need to leverage our expertise in IT strategy or need to implement an entire solution.
Database Administration and Management
Mission-critical systems drive your business, but a lot of organizations lack the IT expertise or resources to maximize system performance and achieve greater service availability, compliance, and security for their solutions.
Database Management services start with a comprehensive review of your entire data landscape and result in a managed data architecture that emphasizes structure, control, and consistency across the entire organization. Our database experts provide scalable services designed to grow with your business needs, from high-level reviews of your current database footprint to deep-dive technical analysis, all while troubleshooting known problems and providing both short-term and long-term support options.
Our database administration experts can effectively implement a strategy in your organization that includes the following:
- Identifying the unique needs of your enterprise to define necessary technical parameters, information architecture, and timeline.
- Automating procedures to ensure continuous delivery and thus reduce risk and improve efficiency.
- 24x7x365 remote or on-premise database monitoring and support.
- Auditing for compliance with data storage rules and regulations.
- Database tuning and maintenance.
- Monitoring databases to provide warning of impending bottlenecks and slowdowns
- Flexible consulting, planning, and developing for short-term and ongoing database projects
- Planning and implementing disaster recovery.
Monitoring database health and performance is essential for optimal application performance.
The increasing variety of database systems poses challenges for administrators. Database systems have also evolved using technologies such as in-memory caching, optimized indexing and others. Compounding the problem is the increasing adoption of virtualization and cloud computing for database servers. When a slowdown happens, administrators have to determine whether the issue is due to the database server, or the VM it is hosted on, or the underlying storage platform?.
Our database monitoring services let your DBAs to focus on the things that really matter and alleviates them from the constant worry of potential database alerts.:
- 24x7x365 Monitoring Promises Long-Term Database Health
- More accurate and timely alerts.
- Detection of changes in database environments.
- Customized notifications.
- Faster processing and response.
- Proactive database monitoring including performance monitoring, access control, server configuration control, capacity planning, resource utilization, server and database availability, detect issue in timely matter.
Solving performance tuning and scalability issues are not always obvious. Database performance problems are the most challenging to fix. There is no one rule that suites all cases, what works well in one instance may actually degrade performance in another.
Is it really your database that's slow? Or is it the way your OR-Mapper or code accesses the database? A misconfigured connection pool on one of your servers? Or a missing table index, a full data file, or simply an I/O issue?
Our engineers can quickly assess your current database implementation, and from that base-line we will determine the most appropriate and effective means for tuning and optimizing your database: Proactive database tuning is at the core of our best practices and is a key differentiator from our competitors.
- Hardware and infrastructure analysis.
- SQL Server instance-level configuration review.
- Identify and optimize problematic SQL Queries, unprepared statements or misconfigured connection pools.
- Review waits and locks on your database instances.
- Review of database Backup and Disaster Recovery settings.
- Resource and storage utilization..
Proactive tuning incorporates:
• Database utilization
• License optimization
• Clustering and Availability Groups
• Server configuration
• Database design
Migrating data or database can be fairly easy or very complex. In any case, if right processes are not put in place, the problems will arise..
If you have a ton of data in an old system that you need to get into a new system, you have a challenge. If you have to move data from one data platform to another, you have a challenge. If you need to move data from on--premises to a cloud, you have a challenge. If you have a hundreds of spreadsheets that you want to bring into your database, you have a challenge. Or if you just want to consolidate your data, challenge is here as well. In any case scenario we can help, call us.
Since every single data migration project is different this is one of the few services we offer that requires some discussion before we can tell you much about if we can do it, how we can do it and what the investment might look like. If you have ever been through this process; you'll understand this instantly. If not, no worries; just give us a call or request more information and let's talk about it. We are pretty sure we can get the job done we just need your help to understand how:
- Developing a migration strategy to ensure all steps are designed according to your organization’s specifications, including data quality, data governance, change management, and more.
- Extend on-premises SQL Server databases to Azure utilizing Data Sync.
- Migration complexity assessment and planning.
- Mapping and transferring your old data to the new system using ETL best practices, including removing bad data and cleaning good data.
- Ensuring data integrity .
- Providing ongoing testing and maintenance to ensure a successful migration.
- Documentation and version control.
Consulting Services and Database Projects
We provide DBA consulting engagements of any length or depth that you define and specialize in assisting our Clients with understanding their technology options, advising in the selection of the right tools, and providing high-quality engineering services to design and develop custom database solutions to meet unique business needs.
Chicago SQL Consulting focus on PostGreSQL, SQL Server 2000-2016, BI Solutions, Data Warehouse and Analytics, Big Data, Data Migration (including Cloud).
If you need a DBA, Data Architect or database developer for long-term project or temporary need in resolving some issue, call us for consultation.
- Database installation and configuration.
- Database upgrades and patching.
- Database Assessment.
- Data Security and Auditing.
- Performance Analysis and Tuning.
- Server Consolidation.
- Data Migration.
- License Consolidation.
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery.
- DW, BI, ETL and Reporting.
- Database Health Check
- Software evaluation and prove of concept
- Data Architecture
Business Intelligence and Analytics
In today’s dynamic business environment, the ability to quickly collect and accurately analyze the data generated either within the enterprise or gathered from external sources, can be a distinct competitive advantage. Our Business Intelligence practice leverages our rich expertise, and unique approach to provide an integrated business intelligence strategy that aids in data-based decision making to drive business and discover hidden trends while addressing the need of information users at every level.
Chicago SQL Consulting focus on making your data meaningful to help your organization make complex business decisions clear.
We then deliver an information system specific to your needs that enables clear visualization and interpretation of your data.
- Work with business units to help them identify, gather, analyze and capitalize on the valuable data that resides in their enterprise.
- Determine the individual goals, objectives, and business processes for your organization to lay out a blueprint for success.
- Design a comprehensive and functional data warehouse dimensional model and /or operational data stores (ODS).
- Identify data sources being used.
- Leverage ETL best practices, including development, tuning, and maintenance.
- Identify categories and data hierarchy.
- Design, develop, and implement the data mart utilizing star or snowflakes schemas or OLAP cubes.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and tuning.
Technological progress comes with aging software and hardware. Each organization, of every size face the need to upgrade their applications. This need becomes quite acute not because of the new possibilities and features that come with the upgraded versions, but because the old versions lose support. As a result, companies find themselves in a very vulnerable and insecure position with their data and mission-critical applications being exposed to the potential threat of software hazards and malfunctions.
Customers are looking to take their data environment from their current state to an optimal future state. That future state is often focused on enabling net new capabilities at the lowest possible cost. The achievement of that future state often leverages modernization initiatives such as upgrades of databases, hardware, OS, and application software as well as consolidation, virtualization, migrations, and cloud adoption.
We have built tools and processes to produce recommendations for an optimal future state including migration to cloud.
- Work with customer to gather requirements and identify the best service and provider for cost effective solution.
- Developing a migration strategy.
- Extend on-premises SQL Server databases to Azure utilizing Data Sync.
- Synchronize data automatically between on-premises SQL server databases and Azure SQL databases in the cloud.
- Create prioritized migration roadmap based on business objectives.
- Migrate data.
- Verify database schema and validate that the data was migrated correctly.
- Perform user acceptance testing.